Senior 1 MRI Radiographer
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas. We offer a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, cardiac care and acute neurological rehabilitation.
As part of the HCA group, we offer a market-leading benefits package including staff pension, flexible annual leave scheme, full private healthcare, dental insurance and much more.
On top of this we’re very keen to promote from within our team and with a very clear structure, there is a lot of scope to develop your career and learn new skills.
As a Senior 1 MRI Radiographer you will be working with the most modern diagnostic and imaging equipment, with the commissioning of our new Toshiba Aquilion One Cardiac CT and Siemans Aera 1.5 Tesla MRI Scanners, now is a great time to join us.
This is a full time, permanent post. 37.5 hours per week, flexibility on shifts is required throughout Monday – Friday and you will participate in the out-of-hours on-call rota.
Competitive and attractive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package on top.
This includes, mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Undertake all examinations efficiently and to a high standard
- Ensure all patients receive the highest standard of care
- Adhere to protocols
- Ensure safety of patients, staff, relatives and visitors at all times
- Participate in the out of hours and extended days
- Participate in the upkeep of the MRI suite
- Participate in extended working days (by rota)
- Participate in the MRI on-call rota
- Keep abreast of the latest MRI safety issues
- Ensure that all personnel entering the scanning room are screened and deemed to be safe
- Assist with the booking of some appointments
- In the absence of the MRI Superintendent, deputise when required
- Work unsupervised and show initiative e.g. decide whether contrast is required, limit number of scans for severely claustrophobic patients
- Set an example to others e.g. tidiness of appearance, punctuality
- Undertake MR examinations to a high standard of competency
- Perform the daily MRI QA tests
- Assist with the training and supervision of radiographers in MRI
- Have good organisational and communication skills
- Report promptly any equipment faults, and ensure these are recorded
- Observe patient confidentiality and corporate data protection protocols
- Always abide by the current Manual Handling, Infection Control and any other hospital and departmental policies
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the MRI Superintendent or Radiology Manager.
- Be able to deputize for area superintendent.
- Rotation across our out- patient facilities in Golders Green (NW11 9PY) and Elstree (WD6 3BS).
Skills & Experience
- DCR(R) or BSc in Radiography
- Evidence of CPD
- 3 years post graduate experience in most disciplines of Radiography, particularly MRI
- Cardiac MRI experience is desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.