Senior 1 MRI Cardiac Radiographer - Chiswick Outpatients Center
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Chiswick Outpatient Centre has have a wide range of healthcare services and aims to meet the needs of the local community.
We’re particularly focused on families and offer the full suite of children’s services in a modern, child-friendly environment.
A dedicated paediatric consulting suite will contain consulting rooms, play areas and access to world-leading consultants with on-site tests and treatment rooms.
The Chiswick Outpatient Centre offers a wide range of services such as an ambulatory care department, cardiology department (including stress test and echo units), a women’s health clinic, dispensing pharmacy and a range of imaging equipment including a GE 3 Tesla MRI scanner, digital X-ray unit and ultrasound suite.
The Chiswick Outpatient Centre provides patients with faster and more convenient access to health services within the local community. Bringing together the expertise of leading consultants across 15 specialities, Chiswick’s residents will benefit from expert healthcare without having to travel into London.
The Chiswick outpatient centre is currently looking for a Senior 1 MRI Cardiac Radiographer to join their team. The main purpose of this role is to assist the Imaging manager and Deputy Imaging Manager in the day to day management of all radiographers, secretaries and assistants in the department, their clinical effectiveness and professional development in line with department policies. As well as maintain a high quality, cost effective MRI service with a particular emphasis on patient and referrer needs.
Competitive & Attractive Salary.
Benefits: Mentorship programme training, strong team environment, hands on management, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system. Support for converting your nursing diploma to nursing degree, learning opportunities with the latest cutting edge technology and medical innovation. Private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more that you can expect.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide professional leadership and efficiency in the day-to-day running of the MRI service.
- To provide clinical leadership with respect to all aspects of Cardiac MRI imaging, including liaison with the specialist radiologists on best practice.
- To facilitate that the highest clinical standards of MRI service and patient care are achieved. To assist in the development of common service standards that can be applied across the department and that these are known throughout the facility.
- To assist with the induction of new staff, and participate in the education and training programs focusing on high quality imaging techniques and changing clinical need, closely linked with individual professional development.
- To observe and implement all aspects of the Health & Safety at Work Act, COSHH and any other relevant regulations pertinent to MRI. To ensure that all necessary written protocols are in place and observed.
- To keep abreast of current techniques and actively encourage others to do so and to participate in a programme of Continuous Professional Development.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in Radiography/Medical Radiations
- HCPC registered
- Extensive post qualification experience
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience in Cardiac MRI (CMRi) both adult and paediatric
- Dedicated paediatric MRI experience, including general anaesthetics
- Extensive experience in PACS administration
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be able to apply counselling skills with patients, carers and staff with highly complex needs, to maintain sensitivity at all times to the emotional needs of the patients and carers particularly when imparting potentially distressing information. You will be able to maintain intense concentration on all aspects of performing and analyzing tests performed on patients. You will be an effective team builder and possess excellent team leadership skills, communication and presentation skills. You will be decisive and able to deputise for management.
Working in this role- would be ideal for a MRI Radiographer open to enhancing their career in acute MRI , able to learn how to live through their patients and embrace new treatments and innovative trends with the defined philosophy of life in all its stages.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!