Associate Lecturer (Practice Learning)
6 days left
- Job Type
Associate Lecturer - Practice Learning
£31,604 - £38,832 per year
Full time (37 hours per week)
Fixed term for three years in the first instance
We are seeking three dynamic Associate Lecturers to join the nursing team in the Department of Health Sciences at the University of York. Your main focus will be on supporting and enhancing the learning and assessment of pre-registration nursing students in the clinical practice environment. The role will involve:
- Working as part of a Practice Education Team to facilitate, guide and support learning and assessment of students in the clinical practice environment to enhance their experience.
- Providing support to practice supervisors and assessors and, in collaboration with practice partners, monitoring and enhancing the quality of learning and assessment in the clinical practice environment.
- In conjunction with the programme teams, developing and delivering clinical skills and simulated practice learning and associated teaching activities (lecture, seminars, tutorial's) on relevant pre and post-registration nursing programmes offered by the Department.
- In conjunction with the programme team, ensure that content, methods of delivery and learning materials meet the defined learning objectives for sessions and modules related to the knowledge and skills required for contemporary nursing practice
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience of developing teaching and providing relevant learning support to enable students to meet proficiencies and outcomes relevant to pre-registration nursing programmes.
- Expertise and experience in learning, teaching and assessment of clinical practice skills and simulated practice.
- NMC or Health Professional Registration who can demonstrate expertise in teaching and assessment relevant to nursing and healthcare programmes.
- Teaching qualification or experience of teaching in higher education.
- Working towards a Masters level qualification in nursing or relevant professional subject or PhD in relevant subject area or equivalent professional experience.
Informal enquiries should be made to Trudi Neenan, Academic Lead for Practice Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or Prof. Paul Galdas, Deputy Head of Department (Nursing & Midwifery) at email@example.com
Closing date: 27 August 2018
Interview date: 24 September 2018
Vacancy reference: 6882
The University is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
A place where we can ALL be ourselves #EqualityatYork