Specialist Nurse - Oncology
BMI Sarum Road Hospital in Winchester is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Specialist Nurse to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a PART time role for 15 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing.
- Clinical specialist Training in delivery of chemotherapy - Marsden Course appropriate.
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Basic workload / shift management skills.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Previous experience working within a private healthcare environment.
- Willingness and enthusiam to work in busy department fully supporting patients undergoing Oncology care to ensure full holistic care provided.
- Excellent communication skills.
Duties of this role include:
- To plan the specialist service for both inpatients and outpatients. Promoting and maintaining high professional standard of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects.
- To take the lead across specialist services in agreement with Executive Directors and Directors of Clinical services on initiatives to develop and modernise effective patient centred pathways from diagnosis to discharge.
- To provide a high profile commitment to professional development, teaching and education for all levels of nursing staff in the hospitals.
- The post-holder will actively participate in the hospitals 24 hour speciality helpline rota.
- To participate in MDT and ensure all patients are discussed to maintain rigorous health and safety standards to ensure all procedures at ward and unit level are consistent with set policies. Adhering to national guidelines, corporate and hospital protocols.
- To ensure a robust communication system is in place to disseminate information to essential staff and outside agencies.
- To ensure all patients attending the hospitals receive high quality care.
- To deal with any verbal or written complaints in a timely manner, taking action as required to address any deficiencies highlighted.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.