Superintendent MRI Radiographer
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
This post holder will be based predominantly at The London Digestive Centre . This covers dedicated GI referrals and also ENT referrals But will be expected to cover all satellite sites and the main hospital.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA Healthcare UK facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
The Superintendent Radiographer is a high profile role, working in collaboration with the Centre Manager and Lead radiographer . You’ll lead, launch and develop the diagnostic and imaging service, taking responsibility for creating a compliant, high standard of service for all users.
Salary – Competitive
37.5 per week, Monday – Friday (some flexibility required)
Duties & Responsibilties
- Overall management of the MRI imaging service and lead technical specialist at the site .
- Contribute to the development of strategy for the department and the London Digestive Centre as a whole.
- Writing and maintaining protocols and SOPs.
- Working closely with Radiologists and the CT Superintendent at the site.
- Maintain a high level of clinical practice throughout your team.
- Supporting the budget management alongside the Centre Manager
- Ensure a consistently high quality service
- Ensure Care Quality Commission regulations are adhered to.
- Managing a clinical workload alongside departmental management
- Ongoing recruitment, management and development of all departmental staff
Skills & Experience
- HCPC registration
- In depth specialist knowledge and experience in MRI.
- Significant supervisory/management experience
- MSc qualification / Post Graduate in Magnetic Resonance Imaging desirable.
About The Individual
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. As part of the HCA group, we offer a market-leading benefits package including staff pension, flexible annual leave scheme, full private healthcare, dental insurance and much more.
You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the cutting edge of private healthcare with world class specialists at the height of their careers.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!