Urgent Care Staff Nurse
Part of HCA Healthcare UK – the world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' the London Bridge Hospital campus encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
In May 2017 we welcomed the newest addition to our campus into the top four floors of the new Cancer Centre at Guy’s NHS Trust. With a £38.2 million investment and at 60,000 square feet, this purpose built facility has allowed the London Bridge Hospital to house its cancer services under one roof. Consultants from London’s top teaching hospitals offer full surgical provision in urology, gynaecology and breast, as well as reconstructive surgery for these specialties. The new site also encompasses inpatient and daycase beds, operating theatres including the first integrated robotics theatre in the UK, housing a Da Vinci Robot.
London Bridge Hospital achieved an ‘Outstanding’ accreditation by the healthcare regulators Care Quality Commission in 2017, with them remarking that they saw innovative practice throughout the hospital including new research taking place, and the Consultants and staff were noted as being highly motivated individuals, and all committed to providing high quality patient centred care.
An exciting opportunity is available for a Staff Nurse to join our brand new Urgent Care Centre at the London Bridge Hospital which opened in May 2018. Due to increased activity, we are looking to appoint a Staff Nurse to join our expanding team.
Working within a team, assisting Senior Staff Nurses, Charge Nurses and our UCC Emergency Physician, you will assess, plan, deliver and implement a high standard of nursing care, responding to individual needs and recognise the signs and symptoms of a deteriorating patient and initiate early interventions in a calm and co-ordinated manner.
Salary: £31,630 to £35,822 dependent on experience plus enhancements & Benefits
Full time: 37.5 hrs pw
Closing date: 21/04/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Prioritising workloads and directing staff accordingly
- Make efficient use of available resources
- Regularly deputise for the Clinical Nurse Manager, providing management and leadership in their absence
- Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs
- Able to provide patients with appropriate and clear aftercare advice
- Evaluate care of the team and ensure standards are met
- Support and act as role model for junior staff, promoting a learning environment
- To maintain accurate records of patient care
- Provide patients and families with information regarding the care and management of their condition
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and PREP requirements
- Emergency nursing experience desirable
- Triage Skills
- Recognised post graduate emergency nursing course desirable
- Phlebotomy training essential
- Recognised course in plastering techniques desirable
- Advanced Life Support Course desirable (must have a willingness to undertake if does not hold course)
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
About The Individual
As the successful candidate you will be adaptable to working in a variety of environments with the ability to work as part of a team and autonomously. You will need to be proactive in your work to ensure that you are always thinking of new ways of working to assist the improvement of the service whilst also being positive, energetic and personable at all times