Macmillan Acute Oncology Nurse
About the role:
The Department of Health and Social Care and Macmillan are seeking a motivated and compassionate part time Registered Nurse to join the Oncology team. This role requires a background in chemotherapy alongside acute oncology knowledge and skills.
- Providing rapid assessment and admission of acute oncology patients where appropriate, in conjunction with the Acute Oncology CNS.
- Providing expert acute oncology knowledge and advice to other clinical staff and the wider multidisciplinary team, patients and family members.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication and working relationships with the oncology day unit.
- Communicating effectively with patients via telephone and in person in triaging care and providing an appropriate level of clinical input.
- Using advanced communication skills in discussing and exploring difficult and distressing information with patients and relatives.
For further information please contact Jane Gaunt, Senior Chemotherapy Sister, Nobles Hospital on 01624 650039.
Please note a police check will be required for this role.
Interview expenses and a relocation package of up to £7000 based on receipts is available for this role. For any further information on the relocation package please contact email@example.com. To find out more about the lifestyle, culture and living/working on the on the Isle of Man please visit www.locate.im.
This role also qualifies for a recruitment incentive of £3,000 which will be payable in the 1st, 13th, and 25th months of employment.
Subsidised accommodation and assistance with housing costs may also be available.
In the Isle of Man Public Service we believe the benefits we offer our employees are important; from financial benefits to your Wellbeing and Development, we have a lot to offer. We have created a downloadable document, Our Benefits - A Quick Guide; have a read to see what benefits you could enjoy whilst working for us.
How to apply:
For more information please see the attached job description and person specification.
Please note a CV must be provided to support your application. It is recommended that you include a cover letter with your CV which explains your motivations for applying for this position and demonstrates your suitability for the requirements of the post. If you do wish to upload a cover letter with your CV, please ensure they are uploaded in one file.
If you have difficulties applying online please contact the Recruitment and Employment Changes Team on 01624 686300 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this post will be accepted up to midnight of the closing date specified.