Fertility Nurse Practitioner
BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital in Orpington is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Fertility Nurse Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Fertility department.
This is a PART time role for 22.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of HFEA Code of Practice and documentation.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies Registered general l nurse level 1
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Previous experience working within a private healthcare environment.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills
Duties of this role include:
- To provide efficient and skilled embryology and andrology for all aspects of the infertility service, providing training to junior embryologists participating in the support of their work in accordance with the Human Fertility and Embryology Authority (HFEA) code of conduct.
- To ensure standards of patient care are consistently maintained in accordance with agreed operational policies. Promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients and visitors to the Hospital.
- To offer expert and informed advise to patients for all infertility treatments.
- Ensure patient notes are recorded accurately after initial consultation with the Medical Director.
- Ensure correct charges are entered on PeopleSoft.
- Signing off invoices and workflow on PeopleSoft.
- Bill and charge patients for all surgical an outpatient procedures
- Complete Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority data forms.
- Maintain correct drug stock and order appropriate drugs for patients when required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.