Sister - Charge Nurse - Outpatients
BMI Chiltern Hospital in Great Missenden is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Sister - Charge Nurse - Outpatients to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts include evenings and weekends.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Nursing Diploma or equivalent
- NMC Registration
- Professional qualifications.
- Considerable experience in clinical practice.
- Experience in minor procedures, gynaecology, ophthalmic and ENT
- Evidence of leadership, qualification desirable and experience in managing people in a service environment, essential
- Self starter, motivated to achieve success
Duties of this role include:
- The Sister / Charge Nurse is responsible for supporting the Clinical Services Manager with the effective clinical leadership and utilization of nursing staff within the three outpatient departments at BMI Chiltern Hospital.
- Support the Clinical Services Manager to lead the provision of nursing services to outpatients department at South Bucks hospitals.
- Establish and foster positive relationships with medical staff and promote the hospital services.
- In line with the Clinical Services Manager co-ordinate a program of performance measurement and improvement of service delivery to be reported to the Head of Department and Clinical Governance Committee
- Support the Clinical Services Manager with operational, clinical and human resource planning
- Familiarisation, compliance and dissemination of all appropriate national policies, procedures and guidelines to all staff within the team
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring safe systems of working and compliance with health and safety requirements
- Support the Clinical Services Manager to ensure a program of mandatory training is undertaken annually by all staff to be reported to the Governance Committee
- In line with the Clinical Services Manager evaluate staff development needs and facilitate staff access to appropriate on-going training
- Assist with the formulation and implementation of all policy and procedures as required.
- Ensure the complete and accurate content of documented patient related data and developing mechanisms to ensure compliance with Information Security & Data Protection legislation
- Support the Clinical Services Manager to take responsibility for departmental Risk Management ensuring that all untoward events and complaints are recorded and investigated in accordance with the relevant protocol
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.