The Portland Hospital is the only private hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. We're the UK's largest private children's hospital with over 46 paediatric beds including a 10-bed intensive care unit, a neonatal intensive care unit, and a day case unit. Caring for over 40,000 children a year, we provide treatment for everything from general paediatric conditions to complex craniofacial reconstruction. We have over 175 paediatric consultants available to treat children from new-born up to the age of 18.
As the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK, delivering over 1,600 babies a year, we place great importance on providing safe and high quality care for expectant mothers. Both consultant-led and midwife-led maternity care is available, and our aim is to provide you with all the support you need during pregnancy, childbirth and beyond. Women’s health issues are treated by a team of 40 consultants, supported by nurses, physiotherapists and counsellors, with an emphasis on privacy and dignity.
As the Staff Midwife, you will be responsible and accountable for the provision of high quality care within the maternity setting. You will work within the midwifery team to provide antenatal, intranatal and postnatal care to all women during their in-patient stay and work alongside Obstetric Consultants colleagues to support Consultant Led Care within the maternity service.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including long days, nights and weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £35,673 - £40,401 + 9% shift enhancement and flexible benefits.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times in the provision of antenatal, intranatal and postnatal care.
- Provide midwifery advice to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to women and their families without supervision, in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Work with the ward sister in the management of the clinical area. This will involve dealing with complex situations and having to take appropriate action in emergency or unforeseen situations.
- Provide care throughout the maternity unit as required to meet the needs of service.
- Establish effective communication and working relationships with both internal and external customers and health care professionals.
- Work autonomously within guidelines and the sphere of professional practice.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in a Midwifery setting.
- NMC Registered Midwife.
- Basic Adult and Newborn Life Support.
- Teaching and mentoring experience
- Competent at cannulation
About The Individual
As the successful individual, you will need to be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as part of a team. You will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. You will display a personable, yet professional manner at all times.