Advanced Nurse Practitioner - Urgent Care (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Chaucer Hospital in Canterbury has a vacancy for an Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Urgent Care department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 5 year post registration experience.
- Proven Experience of working as a practitioner in a primary care environment, Emergency Department, Urgent Care Centre, MAU/EAU or other first contact setting, evidence of excellent assessment skills.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
Duties of this role include:
- To be responsible for the assessment of health and clinical needs of the patient, undertaking consultations with patients as an autonomous practitioner using advanced clinical practice skills, using own clinical judgement to diagnose, treat, refer or discharge patients. Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users. As a skilled member of the nursing team promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.