Bank Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
Set within landscaped gardens, the safe and supportive environment of the Priory Hospital Cheadle Royal offers a comprehensive inpatient specialist mental health service for young people and adults. The service is dedicated to providing innovative, high quality care and treatment for service users with challenging and complex needs, in order to enable their recovery and re-engagement with the community.
We are looking to recruit individuals with a genuine interest in making a difference to people’s lives. Working as a mental health nurse you will be expected to –
- Be part of a large multi-disciplinary team providing safe and effective care for individuals with complex mental illness.
- Act as a key worker
- Observe / respond to patient behaviours on the ward which may include self harm and acts of aggression.
- Formulate risk assessments and care plans to meet individual needs.
- Medication management.
- Act as shift co-ordinator, allocating staff and having the ability to oversee the work of junior staff and colleagues.
- Maintain the safety of patients and staff.
- Ensure good quality of patient documentation which meets regulatory guidance and statutory requirements.
- Work within the NMC Code of Conduct and practice guidelines.
We offer consistent support, training and professional development and we look to ensure that our Nurses do what they love.
Our service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week all year round therefore we are looking for people who are flexible to cover shifts throughout the week at varying times of the day.Nurse Careers @ Priory Group
We offer consistent support, training and professional development and we look to ensure that our Nurses do what they love..What we’d like from you:
- RMN Qualified
- NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council Registered)
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act
- Patient centric & commitment to delivering high quality care
- Fine tuned decision making skills
- Excellent organisational capability
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility and a strong “can do” attitude
If you require any further information about the role please contact the HR Department on 0161 428 9511 ext: 5901.About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.