Senior Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Theatre Practitioner - Scrub to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- First Assistant qualification is desirable but not a requirement.
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course.
- Approved / recognised anaesthetic course.
- Mentorship qualification
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
Duties of this role include:
- Deliver safe quality care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care.
- To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care within the operating department.
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-operative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Maintain knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring appropriate measures are taken in respect of Health and Safety for patients, relatives, visitors, hospital staff and contractors.
- Develop a strategy for peri-operative function and/or specialty service, including training and resource needs and implement an action plan to meet objectives.
- Ensure that consumables and specialist equipment is available in advance of booked procedures.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.