Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Bishopswood Hospital has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse - Wards to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- To communicate effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of NMC Professional Codes and an awareness of Hospital Policies
- Evidence of competency in area of practice
- Motivated to learn new skills and develop self
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Counselling skills
- Valid NMC Registration
- Registered Nurse Level 1 or 2
- Evidence of professional development within scope of PREPP
Duties of this role include:
- To demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care
- To act as a role model for other members of staff
- To assist in developing and monitoring clinical practice
- To develop knowledge of nursing practice relevant to clinical area
- To provide effective leadership in the absence of the Ward Manager and Senior Staff Nurses
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
- Assess, implement and evaluate nursing care with an evidence based approach, providing a high standard of clinical and customer care to all patients
- To accept responsibility and be professionally accountable for co-ordinating total nursing care for designated patients
- Demonstrate a consistently high standard of nursing care, developing care standards and monitoring their effectiveness
- To work as part of the ward team supporting the Team, Ward Sisters and Manager in terms of clinical, general, management and quality standards
- Promote a patient centred style of clinical practice, maintaining accurate and legible records of patient care
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.