Clinical Services Manager - Theatre
BMI Three Shires Hospital in Northampton is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically and managerially.
- Experienced in acute nursing care
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
- Mentorship Qualification.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets.
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Good team worker.
Duties of this role include:
- To strategically plan the delivery of patient safe clinical care provision of the Theatre service, in line with business needs and responsible for day to day organisation and management of care provision within the Operating Department while coordinating the management of the theatre team, both clinical and non clinical.
- Providing clear direction and leadership to all theatre staff, whilst supporting the initiatives of the hospital.
- The role is responsible for development, motivation and performance of the Theatre Team, ensuring the achievement of CQC Standards.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Maintenance of professional, cost-effective theatre service including financial management and business planning.
- Achievement of labour management target, and weekly completion of staff utilisation spreadsheets.
- To ensure the provision of individualised patient care.
- To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, employees, consultants and visitors.
- Acute care hospital accepting planned and emergency surgical and medical admissions.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare for this position offers a salary of up to £50,000 and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.