Oncology research nurse
2 days left
- Job Type
Clinical Research Nurse - London
£36,000 per annum
Pulse is recruiting for a Research Nurse to work within a private clinical trials unit in Central London that focuses its trials on anti-cancer drugs.
This is a permanent, full time post working 37.5 hours, based in Central London.
This unit aims to provide precision medicine for cancer patients through the development of targeted therapies that are not only directed towards the cancer cell, but a specific alteration within the cancer cell.
We are interested to hear from Oncology/Chemotherapy nurses with an interest in research. No previous experience in research nursing is required as training is provided. You must be a registered nurse with ideally 2 years post qualification oncology or chemotherapy experience.
The successful candidate will assess, plan, implement, and evaluate expert research nursing care and provide support to patients attending the Drug Development Unit who have been or have the potential to be recruited onto a clinical trial program.
The unit is opening Monday - Friday. Generally, office hours however depending on the requirements of the trials the hours can vary.
The post holder will take responsibility for supervising the safe administration of experimental therapies, and for monitoring the expected and unexpected side effects of drugs and other treatment modalities used in these trials.
- Carry out planned care required by the clinical trials protocol
- Responsible for the co-ordination of on trial care and follow up of patients
- Work autonomously to manage and coordinate own portfolio of clinical research within the department
- Maintain effective communication with patients, care givers and professionals, to ensure service delivery.
- Assist in clinical trials including screening and organising the patients and/or volunteers suitable for entry into clinical trials/studies.
- Coordinate pre-study tests, obtaining results and arranging appropriate appointments according to the research protocol.
- Coordinate the collection of any biological samples
- Ensure the safe administration of trial drugs
This successful employer is able to offer employees, a competitive salary of up to £36,000 per annum along with flexible benefits such as an impressive pension scheme, a range of health and wellbeing options in addition to Critical Illness cover and Life Assurance.
If you would be interested in receiving further information then please do fill out the form below and a member of course dedicated recruitment team will call you back.
Apply for Oncology research nurse
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly