Fertility Nurse Practitioner
BMI Esperance Hospital in Eastbourne is part of BMI Healthcare, the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer. With 59 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is a ‘magnet for the best’ nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business. Being part of a bigger healthcare group gives you as an employee great future career opportunities all over the country.
The BMI Esperance Hospital is a well-equipped hospital providing healthcare across a number of specialities. The hospital has a range of outpatient services, 3 operating theatres, a leading fertility clinic and imaging facilities. These facilities combined with the latest in technology and on-site support services; enable our consultants to undertake a wide range of investigations and operations. Consultants have the support of caring and highly trained nursing and allied healthcare professionals as well as access to some of the latest technology and equipment. With a team of resident medical officers available 24hours a day, the hospital provides an ideal environment for excellent clinical care and patient recovery.
We have an opportunity for a Fertility Nurse Practitioner to join our team of staff at the highly successful Sussex Downs Fertility Centre based at the BMI Esperance Hospital. The role will be primarily based at BMI Goring Hall Hospital near Worthing and the role is to manage the satellite service from this site. The successful candidate will join a friendly, multidisciplinary team of professionals in a medium sized tertiary referral fertility centre. We treat both self-funded and NHS patients and undertake approximately 300 cycles of IVF/ICSI per annum. Experience of fertility ultrasonography is essential and all required additional training will be provided.
This is a PART time role for 22.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of HFEA Code of Practice and documentation.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies Registered general l nurse level 1
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Previous experience working within a private healthcare environment.
- Able to perform a fertility ultrasonography.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure standards of patient care are consistently maintained in accordance with agreed operational policies. Promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients and visitors to the Hospital.
- To offer expert and informed advise to patients for all infertility treatments.
- Ensure patient notes are recorded accurately after initial consultation with the Medical Director.
- Ensure correct charges are entered on PeopleSoft.
- Signing off invoices and workflow on PeopleSoft.
- Bill and charge patients for all surgical an outpatient procedures
- Complete Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority data forms.
- Maintain correct drug stock and order appropriate drugs for patients when required.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.