Theatre Practitioner - Scrub (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Clementine Churchill has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner - Scrub to join their team of staff in the Theatres department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Theatre Department open Monday to Saturday 07.30-21.00. Out of hours on call rota. Flexible shift pattern
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- NMC/HPC Registered
- Scrub experience at band 5 or equivalent
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development Current and up to date specific to: Theatre practice, Clinical Governance, Health and Safety and Infection Control
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Application of knowledge of specialised procedures and equipment used in the operating theatre.
Duties of this role include:
- To have shared responsibility for the planning and implementation of the care of peri-operative patients whilst in the theatre department.
- To ensure that high standards of patient care and safety are consistently maintained at all times
- To consistently work in accordance with policies and procedures
- To undertake scrub and circulating duties in a variety of surgical specialties
- Assess, implement and evaluate nursing care delivery, providing high standards of clinical and customer care
- To maintain safe custody, administration and documentation of drugs
- To take part in the ‘on call’ rota as required
- To assist in the setting and maintenance of clinical standards and implementation of clinical audit findings
- To support and mentor students and junior staff and undertake training and updates as required
- To communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team. Patients, relatives and visitors
- To report incidents, accidents, near misses and complaints in an appropriate and timely manner
- Take part in department audits
- Identify own learning needs/professional development
- Ensure Mandatory training is completed and up to date
- Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.