Registered Nurse Opportunities at BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital
BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital near Orpington and Bromley is part of BMI Healthcare, the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer. With over 60 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is a ‘magnet for the best’ nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business. Being part of a bigger healthcare group gives you as an employee great future career opportunities all over the country.
BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital is a well-equipped hospital providing healthcare across a number of specialities. The hospital has a range of outpatient services, 3 operating theatres, imaging facilities, and a leading Assisted Conception Unit. These facilities combined with the latest in technology and on-site support services; enable our consultants to undertake a wide range of investigations and operations. Consultants have the support of caring and highly trained nursing and allied healthcare professionals as well as access to some of the latest technology and equipment. With a team of resident medical officers available 24hours a day, the hospital provides an ideal environment for excellent clinical care and patient recovery.
We would not be able to offer complex medical and surgery care if we didn’t continually invest in our nurses. There is a great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy and a real team spirit; it’s the career destination of choice. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures.
- Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all Patients, Employees and Consultants acting as an advocate to more junior members of the team.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- To provide safe and effective care to allocated cohorts of patients up to the age of 18 years without direct supervision.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- We’re looking for experienced registered staff nurses ideally with previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector who are able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options. You should be a Registered General Nurse level 1/ Diploma / BSc in Nursing studies and be able to provide evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
We are happy to consider applicants looking for full-time, part-time and/or bank positions.
As a Registered Nurse with BMI, you’ll get to enjoy working as part of a close-knit and friendly team in a calm and supportive environment. You will be working alongside world class consultants on a variety of surgical procedures using some of the latest technology in the healthcare sector.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive continuous professional development and training to grow your career with BMI. You will also receive a competitive salary with flexible benefits including BMI Healthcare Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, free on-site parking, health screening and more.