Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
BMI Bishops Wood Hospital in Northwood close to Rickmansworth is part of BMI Healthcare, the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer. With 59 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is a ‘magnet for the best’ nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business. Being part of a bigger healthcare group gives you as an employee great future career opportunities all over the country.
The BMI Bishops Wood Hospital is a mid-sized and busy acute care hospital that prides itself on the level of superb quality patient care it provides. The Hospital has 42 beds, three theatres including Endoscopy, Physiotherapy Services, Diagnostic Imaging and Consulting Rooms, procedures range from routine investigations to complex surgery. Whilst the hospital also houses a leading oncology ward that was refurbished in 2015. Consultants have the support of caring and highly trained nursing and allied healthcare professionals as well as access to some of the latest technology and equipment. With a team of resident medical officers available 24hours a day, the hospital provides an ideal environment for excellent clinical care and patient recovery.
We are currently looking to recruit Theatre Practitioners for the Theatre Department so we are looking for people who share BMI’s belief in providing the highest standards of perioperative care for patients to join the team.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- SFA desirable
- Mentorship qualification
- Experienced in anaesthetics.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Previous experience working within an acute healthcare environment
- Caring and Professional nature.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work in a team and use own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable
Duties of this role include:
- To deliver safe quality care for patients during their perioperative phase of care.
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Apply and promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.