BMI Ridgeway Hospital in Swindon is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse with Oncology competencies to combine their skills between Main ward, Day care and Oncology as required.
This is a PART time role for 22.5 hours a week.
The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern and be competent in the administration of Chemotherapy.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Studies Registered general nurse level 1.
- Chemotherapy administration competencies with 2 years’ experience.
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Ambulatory Care Nursing
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Basic workload / shift management skills
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures.
- Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users.
- As a skilled member of the nursing team promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Be an advocate for patient care, searching for ways to improve the value and effectiveness of care and services delivered.
- Encouraging the development of research and audit based clinical practice.
- Active participation in customer satisfaction surveys and satisfaction action plans.
- Operate within the scope of 1st level competencies and within the framework of NMC guidelines.
- Act as a change agent to achieve a customer focused service.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.