Endoscopy Practitioner (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Three Shires Hospital has a vacancy for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Endoscopy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
- Basic and advanced Competence / qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination.
- Operators Course in Endoscopy Decontamination.
- Teaching / Assessing / mentorship qualifications Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, HTM 01 -06).
At least 1 year’s previous experience as a Registered Practitioner or equivalent in an endoscopy service.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care across the endoscopy patient pathway, supporting and assisting the Endoscopy Practitioner Lead in the management and organisation of care provision within the endoscopy unit.
- To develop and enhance the own skills and knowledge.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Participate in departmental communication, policy development, and continuous quality improvement and meetings.
- To prove safe and efficient decontamination of flexible endoscopes.
- Adhere to departmental decontamination programme for flexible endoscopes.
- Participate in the departmental audit program including decontamination, clinical standards, microbiological testing, patient experience etc.
- Undertake appropriate clinical activities as per own competence and within own sphere of professional practice in the clinical and decontamination areas of the service.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.