BMI Runnymede Hospital in Chertsey is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Runnymede, in Surrey, is a beautiful part of the world. There are excellent transport links to the whole of the south east of England. BMI will invest significantly in your development. These factors, along with a friendly, family orientated atmosphere make BMI Runnymede an attractive proposition for any nurse looking to develop.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
BMI Runnymede is looking for skilled nurses with expertise in surgery or medicine to join our excellent clinical team. We have a small number of vacancies in our theatres, wards and outpatient department for nurses who are keen to expand their clinical skills in a busy private hospital.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- To work across multiple surgical specialities in either the scrub or anaesthetic role
- Qualified nurse or ODP - mentorship preferable but not essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- BMI Competencies
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (Desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare for this position offers a salary of up to £32,000 and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.