Quality and Risk Manager
BMI Healthcare is the largest private healthcare provider in the UK with 59 hospitals performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
As a result of our continued commitment to high quality patient care, our BMI Lincoln Hospital has an excellent opportunity for a Quality & Risk Manager to join their senior management team on a part-time basis (ideally to cover 25 - 30 hours per week). The Lincoln Hospital has 18 beautifully appointed rooms and performs a wide range of minor to complex operations in its 2 fully equipped Operating Theatres.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Quality & Risk Manager will ensure the hospital maintains compliance with all Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulatory requirements and will develop further the hospitals clinical governance activities, policies and systems. They will take the lead to support and manage all aspects of clinical risk and governance ensuring the hospital has robust compliance processes in place.
Duties of this role will include:
- Leading and supporting the hospital management and clinical teams to achieve a good or higher rating for CQC inspections
- Ensuring hospital readiness for external regulatory inspections (CQC) and ensuring appropriate evidence is in place to meet inspection requirements
- Responding appropriately to inspection findings and putting action plans in place across relevant clinical departments
- Minimising risk across the site and ensuring there are effective data collection systems in place in compliance to national policy
- Management of all audit processes and trackers in line with organisational audit procedures ensuring an up to date daily and monthly record is available
- Supporting the BMI Audit Strategy
We’re therefore looking for a Quality & Risk Manager with an extensive background in Governance/ Risk Management from a healthcare – preferably an acute hospital – setting. You will also be a qualified and Registered Nurse with a strong knowledge of Clinical Governance frameworks and processes, data protection and Caldecott principles.
You will have previously held a lead role in maintaining and implementing regulatory standards and have successfully taken hospitals through CGC inspections. Strong organisational, planning and interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite to ensure thorough communication across all levels. Qualifications in a relevant health-related discipline are also required.
As Quality & Risk Manager at BMI’s Lincoln Hospital you will get to enjoy working as part of a close-knit, supportive and friendly team. You will be rewarded with ongoing professional training and development and a competitive salary of up to £35,000, with benefits including Health Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, 25 days holiday (pro-rata) + bank holidays and more
We can be flexible with regards the part-time hours offered for this role to ensure we find the right person, although we are ideally looking for someone to work 3 days a week (25 hours).