Infection Prevention and Control Lead
BMI Lincoln Hospital in Lincoln is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Infection Prevention and Control Lead to join their team of staff in the Nursing department.
This is a PART time role for 15 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
This role is for 15hours a week however additional hours may be available to cover our nursing department for the right candidate.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse (or other profession e.g. Operating Department Practitioner)
- Teaching and assessing qualification e.g. ENB 998 (or equivalent)
- Specialist knowledge to a level defined for that hospital (see separate level guide sheet)
- Able to apply specialist knowledge to risk assessment and support appropriate controls
- Experience in dealing with staff regarding clinical issues
- Experience required as working as a nurse in an acute healthcare setting or experience working in infection control
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Motivational skills
- Presentation skills
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) is addressed in all areas of the hospital and reflected throughout all activity related to healthcare provision.
- To ensure infection prevention is taken into account in all new business, new build and refurbishment.
- To ensure compliance to the HCAI code (DH 2010) for CQC requirements in England and equivalent for hospitals in Scotland and Wales.
- To develop in partnership with the senior person responsible for IPC (Director of Clinical Services(DCS)) and with approval of the HIPCC, an annual program, that is aligned to the HCAI code (DH 2010) (plus for Scottish and Welsh hospitals: NHS Scotland Code of Practice and National HCAI strategy for hospitals in Wales) and reflects specific objectives of BMI National Infection Prevention and Control annual program.
- Depending on level of competency the role holder will be the key implementer of the Hospital IPC programme.
- Utilises and works in partnership with the local Infection Control Doctor (ICD) ensuring that the service level agreement is appropriate for the hospital size, activity levels and complexity.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.