Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Clementine Churchill Hospital has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Consulting Rooms on a bank basis.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing. Or
- Registered Nurse Level 2 - Relevant Competencies for the role.
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Basic workload / shift management skills.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised patient care.
- Prepare and maintain clinical records of patient care, with reference to Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) standards for records and record keeping.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the NMC Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Be an advocate for patient care, searching for ways to improve the value and effectiveness of care and services delivered.
- Encouraging the development of research and audit based clinical practice.
- Active participation in customer satisfaction surveys and satisfaction action plans.
- Operate within the scope of 1st level competencies and within the framework of NMC guidelines.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
BMI, The Clementine Churchill Hospital is looking for Registered Nurses to join their bank within consulting room. It's a place where you can have a real impact on peoples' lives all the while growing and developing your own future.
We have 120 inpatient beds including an intensive care unit, general surgical ward, spinal/orthopaedic specialist ward and day surgery unit. In addition to 5 theatres, there is the Endoscopy Suite, Urgent Care Centre, Ambulatory Care Unit and Consulting Rooms.
Consulting Rooms, is a very busy outpatients department sees on average 1600 patients per week. It has 24 rooms for consultation by around 300 consultants from all specialties as well as 2 treatment rooms, 1 plaster room and a phototherapy room. Registered nurses run a leg ulcer clinic, dressing clinic and phototherapy clinic which are nurse lead following referral from consultants.
We are open Monday to Friday 07.30 - 22.00hrs and Saturday 07.30 - 14.00