Deputy Ward Manager - Elton Unit
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
The Priory Highbank Centre specialises in complex neuro-disability, including care of tracheostomy and mechanical ventilated patients. You would be part of our dedicated interdisciplinary team who offer evidence based patient centred care and therapy to help patients maximise their physical, emotional and social potential.
The Deputy Ward Manager (RGN Nurse) Responsibilities:
- Supervision and management of care staff
- Planning, Assessing, delivering and evaluating individual care
- Planning staff rotas
- Establish and maintain outstanding communications with clients, relatives and colleagues.
- Deputise in the absence of the Ward Manager.
- Undertake on call within a rota
- Demonstrate consistent leadership and role modelling
- Must be RGN qualified with a valid NMC pin number
- Must have senior nursing experience working within a care home setting
- Brain Injury experience desirable but not essential as training will be provided
- Must be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team and have sound knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Must be able to complete an enhanced DBS check.
With a kind, caring and calm approach, the successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with patients, relatives and colleagues.
If you have the skills, attitude and experience to be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today !!
In return, we offer:
- Working with a committed, forward thinking and supportive interdisciplinary team
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Paid sick leave (after qualifying period)
- Access to regular clinical supervision
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Subsided meals
- Free parking, corporate benefit package
- Annual NMC fee reimbursed by Priory
- Birthday Leave
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.Disclosure
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.