Registered Nurse - NICU
Registered Nurse required to work within the Neonatal Intensive Care department at one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Southmead Hospital is a well-established Level 3 unit providing a centre of excellence for babies requiring medical and neurological assessment and treatment. We have 34 cots, comprising of 8 ITU, 8 HDU and 18 SC, with an additional 10 cots on our Transitional Care Ward. As a regional referral centre, we take patients from 23 week gestation and sick babies from our Network and further afield. We are looking for flexible, innovative and highly motivated nurses to join our dynamic service. You will be based in the Women and Children’s Health division within Southmead Hospital, North Bristol, Band 5, to £28k, dependent on experience.
WHY APPLY? : This Registered Nurse role offers a fantastic opportunity to take a role with:
· Focus on high quality care- The MBRRACE document identifies the unit as among the best tertiary centres in the country for the outcomes of extremely premature infants
· Professional development- opportunities available to obtain external qualification in specialty and become a Neonatal Specialist Nurse
· Access to a Practice Development Team- our internal Practice Development Team provide support for personal development towards your skills and aspirations
· Rewarding outcomes- working within a supportive team to provide compassionate care to our patients and their families
· An Excellent Location- the Trust resides within one of the most vibrant cities in the UK, Bristol. Voted the best city to live in 2017, the city is famous for its year round festivals, award-winning cycle tracks, exceptional gastronomy, stunning cityscapes and awe-inspiring street art.
THE ROLE: As a Registered Nurse, you will play a key role within a team of nursing staff in the delivery of evidence based patient-centered care, which is of a high standard. Key duties will include:
· Taking regular responsibility to carry out required planned, direct patient care to a high standard without direct supervision in accordance with established nursing procedures and policies
· To report to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team any significant changes to a patient’s condition or situation
· To take personal responsibility for ensuring that patients are treated with courtesy at all times, the individual needs of patients are respected and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
YOU: The successful candidate for this Registered Nurse vacancy will have the following:
· Hold RN (adult or child) or RM (midwifery) registration with current NMC license to practice
· Evidence of continued professional development
· Enthusiasm and ability to learn
Please visit www.jobs.nhs.uk and search for vacancy 339-Nurse-NICU-C to apply. If you would like further information regarding the opportunities available, please contact our Recruitment team via the following email- firstname.lastname@example.org