Registered Nurse - Neurological and Musculoskeletal Sciences
Advert – NMSK General
Staff Nurses are required for the Neurological and Musculoskeletal Sciences division of North Bristol NHS Trust, one of the largest teaching hospital trusts in the UK, which provides hospital and community healthcare to the residents of Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
You will be working within our state-of-the-art Brunel Building, one of the most modern hospitals in Europe, and we have a strong international reputation for clinical excellence. Your basic salary will start on £22,128 and progress up to £28,446 (AFC Band 5).
We are a flexible employer and are looking to recruit both full and part-time positions across a wide range of departments, including a range of both specialist surgical and medical-based specialties:
- Elective orthopaedic surgery
- Spinal surgery
- Orthopaedic trauma (including major trauma)
- Stroke and rehabilitation
- Hip fracture and rehabilitation
• An opportunity to work within a pioneering service - we are the Major Trauma Centre for the South West Region and a specialist regional/national centre for a number of services, including eurosurgery, renal, plastics, burns and orthopaedics.
• You will be core to an exciting opportunity to deliver patient care within an ambitious and improving large acute NHS Trust (~£550m turnover, ~8000+ staff).
• We provide a wide range of in-house training relevant to each of our nursing specialties, and a mentor is assigned to support your continuing professional development. External study days are also provided for the specialist skills required for your role and provide revalidation support for NMC registrants.
• We offer a vibrant and friendly working environment where teamwork is highly valued.
• Induction and orientation programme and a supernumerary period – we ensure all our qualifying students take part in a competency based Professional Development Pathway.
• Bristol is consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, with a rich history, thriving arts, music, gastronomic and independent retail scenes, excellent transport links and easy access to the spectacular countryside and coastlines of South Wales, Devon, Dorset and Cornwall.
As a Staff Nurse, you will ensure the optimum delivery of skilled patient care and provide assistance to senior clinical staff. Key duties will include:
• Basic nursing care for group of patients with multiple needs
• Organise and participate in the delivery of high standards of evidence based nursing care
• Administration of medication
• Assessment and observation of patients
• To contribute towards health promotion for all patients by providing education, support and advice, as necessary
• To provide high quality, effective, individualised care to all patients by assessing care needs and developing, implementing and evaluating them without supervision
The successful Nurse will be:
• Able to remain calm in pressured environments
• Resilient, ambitious and compassionate
• Excited by a new challenge
• Able to communicate effectively with both patients and staffs on all levels
• Able to work within a diverse community of patients and healthcare
What We Offer?
We can offer you a range of opportunities in both general acute and specialist areas of work, as we provide regional and national services for a number of areas. So, if you if you are one of those special people who live up to our values, share our passion for ‘exceptional healthcare personally delivered’ and want to make the most of your expertise as part of an innovative, passionate and high performing team, please visit www.jobs.nhs.uk and search for vacancy 339-NURSE-NMSK-C to apply. If you would like further information regarding the opportunities available, please contact our Recruitment team via the following email- firstname.lastname@example.org.