Senior MRI & General Radiographer - The Lister Hospital
About The Facility
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Lister Hospital has an international reputation for providing high quality private healthcare to patients across a wide range of specialties. For medical professionals that value great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy and a real team spirit, it’s the career destination of choice.
This role will be based in our Outpatient Centre in the world famous Kings Road, Chelsea. The team of 6 imaging professionals offers a comprehensive range of facilities and treatments on an outpatient basis in a new building with modern facilities to our patients. This new centre has the latest in Imaging Technology including a Siemens AVANTO TIM 1.5T MRI unit, GE digital mammography and GE Digital X-ray, as well as ultrasound which service a large number of consulting rooms.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Join one of the world’s leading private healthcare providers for a fantastic opportunity to work with world class specialists, at the height of their careers who will support you in developing yours.
As the Senior Radiographer you will be responsible for delivering a high standard of diagnostic imaging to all service users, ensuring clinical safety and facilitating a high standard of patient care. The post holder will be based at the Chelsea Outpatient Centre with the possibility to participate in other aspects of the Imaging Service at the Centre and at The Lister Hospital.
Salary - Competetive
Hours: 37.5hrs per week (Monday – Friday 8am until 8pm)
Benefits: Mentorship programme training, strong team environment, hands on management, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system. Support for converting your nursing diploma to nursing degree, learning opportunities with the latest cutting edge technology and medical innovation. Private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more that you can expect from a world class private healthcare organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate imaging equipment in accordance with operational procedures and guidelines
- Maintain high professional imaging standards in high quality patient care
- Assist in the development and monitoring of systems of work, quality assurance procedures and protocols.
- Work closely with the multi-disciplinary team to support and participate in a team approach to problem solving
- Respond appropriately to all enquiries and complaints, escalating to a manager where necessary
- Assist the Consultant Radiologists in the performance of their examinations.
- Rotate between various Lister location as and when required
- Carry out other duties at the request of the Superintendent or Centre Manager
Skills & Experience
- BSc in Radiography and HPC registration
- Substantial practical UK radiotherapy experience
- Range of professional expertise
- Certificate of Competency in Mammography is desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge of electronic patient management systems and record and verify systems
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, using their strong communication skills to liaise effectively with consultants, colleagues, medical secretaries and deal with patients with sensitivity and tact, whilst remaining professional. They will need the confidence to make clinical decisions independently with accuracy and maintain a high level of attention to detail. Finally, they will be extremely customer centric, ensuring that patient satisfaction and care is always their top priority.
Working in this role- would be ideal for a Senior MRI Radiographer open to enhancing their career in MRI , able to learn how to live through their patients and embrace new treatments and innovative trends with the defined philosophy of life in all its stages.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!