Staff Nurse-General Surgery & Ortho
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Lister Hospital campus in South-West London has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission in 2017, which highlights the exceptional care and highest quality of nursing and clinical care provided by our staff at the hospital.
The campus encompasses one of the most famous landmarks in Chelsea, The Lister Hospital located next to Chelsea Bridge; Chelsea Outpatients Centre, a modern and contemporary private diagnostic and treatment facility on the famous Chelsea Kings Road and our private outpatient physiotherapy service and independent private general practice at Chelsea Medical Centre.
In May 2017, the campus expanded to include a brand new purpose-built outpatient centre HCA Sydney Street, Chelsea.
Our 57 bedded inpatient service provides a comprehensive range of orthopaedics, acute surgical and medicine treatments to our patients. We specialise in caring for patients who have undergone complex and varied surgery in orthopaedics, gynaecology, dermatology, urology, colorectal, gastroenterology, ophthalmology and reconstructive surgery
For medical professionals who value great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy with a real team spirit, The Lister Hospital Campus is the career destination of choice.
The position of Staff Nurse within the inpatient service team will be responsible for providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the Inpatients Unit. The successful candidate will also promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care and the services offered within the General surgery and Orthopaedics Team.
This is a full time position with a rotation of shifts.
Salary range for this role is £31,630-£35,822 per annum depending on experience plus 9% shift allowance
Closing date for applications: 16/03/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, implement and evaluate the care needs of patients undergoing procedures
- Plan and deliver care for admissions and discharges
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintenance of accurate records
- Decontamination of equipment and ensuring equipment is in good working order
- Undertake extended roles such as venepuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience.
- Proven Surgical or Orthopaedic experience.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Phlebotomy training desirable.
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic, flexible attitude and be willing to learn from those around them, whilst contributing towards a best practice environment. They will be comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team and be keen to share knowledge and ideas throughout the group. Finally, they will have a customer focused mind set, working to ensure high standards of patient care at all times, working towards the continued success of the department at all times