Registered Mental Health Nurse - acute ward
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Priory Hospital Bristol offers calming and recovery focused inpatient treatment for up to 85 service users as well as day care and outpatient services. Personalised treatment programmes are delivered by our multidisciplinary team, specialising in the management and treatment of acute and complex mental health problems.
We are looking to recruit personable, flexible and motivated Nurses to deliver first class care to our patients. You will be involved in the personal care and meeting the psychological needs of a diverse group of service users with varying degrees of mental and physical issues. You will be caring and attentive with the skills to build strong and trusting relationships with people. It is also important that you work well in a team, and is keen to work in fast paced Acute environment.We are looking for colleges who share our values:
• Putting people first - We put the needs of our service users above all else.
• Being a family - We support our colleagues, our service users and their families when they need us most.
• Acting with integrity - We are honest, transparent and decent. We treat each other with respect.
• Striving for excellence - for over 140 years, we have been trusted by our service users with their care. We take this trust seriously and constantly strive to improve the services we provide.
• Being positive - We see the best in our service users and each other and we strive to get things done. We never give up and we learn from our mistakes.
Qualified Registered Nurse (RMN, RGN, RNLD), with 6-12 months post registration experience with active NMC Registration and completed preceptorship programme.
• Knowledge of NMC guidelines, requests and professional practices.
• Evidence of post registration continuing professional development.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality.
• Ability to develop and use flexible and innovative approaches to practise.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
- Career development opportunities with available exposure to other services lines within the Hospital
- Starting 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increased up to 30 days with continued service)
- Birthday Holiday - (Yes an extra day's holiday for your birthday!)
- Onsite highly subsidised restaurants
- Free on-site parking
- NMC Pin paid & paid enhanced DBS check
- Online benefits and cashback rewards such as Cycle to work scheme
- Sign on bonus
- £500 on joining & £1,000 on completion of probation
- £500 to be repaid if individual does not complete probation
- £1,500 e-voucher code for The Priory Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
- Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
- If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
- To be repaid if individual does not complete probation & leaves
- Payment into the pension scheme
- CPD top up
- Donation to a charity of their choice
*terms & conditions apply. About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and re