Registered Nurse - Surgical Ward
BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse – Surgical Ward to join their team of staff.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts will include earlies, lates, long days and nights.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Registered Nurse with and active NMC pin
- Experience in general surgery
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- Must be a Registered General Nurse with experience in the acute care setting
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
Duties of this role include:
- To provide a high standard of patient care under the direction of the Ward/Department Sister/Charge Nurse and to supervise junior members of staff
- To be accountable for co-ordinating patient care and the management of delegated areas
- Participates in all aspects of Surgical practice including the pre- operative and postoperative care of patients
- To work according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and other professional bodies e.g. Care Quality Commission and IHAS
- Assist in the delivery of patient care and ensure that treatments prescribed by the medical staff are carried out, and that multidisciplinary team members are informed of changes in the patient’s condition
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.