School nurse manager
School Nurse Manager
£49,848 (full time equivalent) + benefits
Pulse is working alongside a well-recognised and top performing school in London to recruit a permanent School Nurse Manager to join their team. The manager will be caring for pupils aged 13-18 within an all boys boarding school in addition to leading a team of school nurses.
We are interested to hear from paediatric nurses, A&E nurses or a Practice Nurses as nurses within these specialties will have various transferable skills to utilise within this post.
You will be working alongside a very encouraging and knowledgeable team.
This is a permanent full time role, working 36 weeks only across the year.
The nurse responsibilities involve:
- Wound care and minor injuries and illness care
- Maintaining the treatment room and stock control
- Accurately maintaining pupil records via the School IT system
- Dispensing medication as appropriate
- Arranging medicals and appointments with the School Doctor
- Budgetary control
- Recruitment and selection
- Ensuring correct skills mix on each shift
The manager nurse plays a very active, visible and approachable role within the school, still having hands on contact with the care of pupils. You will be liaising with parents - acting as a key contact for any complaints or clinical issues, providing advice and liaising with teachers and other professionals within the school.
This role comes with a great competitive full time equivalent salary of £49,848 - plus flexible benefits.
For more info about this exciting opportunity please do drop Jasmin a call on 0207 959 1016 or email