Sister / Charge Nurse - Paediatrics
BMI Clementine Churchill in Harrow is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Sister /Charge Nurse to join their team of staff in the Paediatrics department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- RGN Child
- Understanding of NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Knowledge of acute surgical nursing.
- Knowledge of child development and government standards for the care of children in hospital including Child Protection Guidelines.
- Evidence of recent clinical updating and knowledge of the implications of PREP.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools.
- Good communication.
- Considerable experience of Paediatric nursing in an acute setting..
- Knowledge of the Private sector preferred.
- Multi-speciality skills of surgery.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide, manage and develop Paediatric nursing and related services for patients and their families.
- To deliver and maintain high standards of nursing care within the ward area.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from the Sister / Nurse Manager and assist in the development of others.
- To act as a specialist resource imparting knowledge and expertise to managers and staff.
- Develop the Paediatric services to provide patients and their families with advice, support and information.
- Co-ordinate the organisation of the service by liaising with patients, other members of the multi-disciplinary team and outside agencies in order to maintain high professional and clinical standards.
- Manage and undertake any administration required for the efficiency of the service.
- To act at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To assist in development and maintenance of clinical standards and participate in clinical audits.
- To accept delegated responsibilities from team leaders / Senior Staff Nurses in their absence and at other times as required.
- To maintain professional credibility and attend relevant courses to assist in enabling research based practice.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.