School Nurse x 2
Gardener Schools Group
09.00-15.00, 3-5 days a week negotiable.
Term time plus INSET days
Salary £10,170 - £16,945 pa, depending on hours (fte £29,077)
Gardener Schools Group Ltd is seeking to appoint a part time nurse at both its Ravenscourt Park Preparatory and Kew House Schools. The hours are 9.00-15.00 and could be 3-5 days per week, negotiable for the right candidate, term time including INSET days. The successful candidates will operate from either Ravenscourt Park Preparatory or Kew House School.
- provide a professional and caring nursing service for all pupils
- support the school’s safeguarding policies and procedures
- be RGN Qualified and have experience of working in Schools
- have an understanding of Health & Safety and Hygiene Regulations.
- be proactive and willing to assist the School with a range of activities during the school term and on INSET days.
For a full job description and application pack,
Please email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Midday, Monday 30 October 2017.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy. Gardener Schools Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess the suitability of candidates to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.
Required as soon as possible
Term time plus INSET days
Salary circa£16,945 (fte £29,077)
The Directors of The Gardener Schools Group have established Kew House School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum, the shape of the school day and term and recognition of creativity and talent.
The school opened with 63 students in September 2013 and now has 450 plus. We opened for internal and external sixth form candidates for the first time in September 2016.The school will grow to full capacity over the next 2 or 3 years with circa 600 students 11-18.
The successful candidate will be be RGN Qualified and have experience of working in Schools with an understanding of, Health & Safety and Hygiene Regulations.
The school operates its own pay scales consistent with national scales and will offer salary commensurate with the nature of this role.
The school is housed in a modern and newly equipped building, close to rail and road links near Kew Bridge. These include Gunnersbury Underground station (7 minutes) and Kew Bridge British Rail Station (2 minutes). There is also some on-site parking.
The ethos of the new school is that of a family and social hub, giving emotional support and security to all students and employees. Each student receives individual attention both educationally and pastorally. The approach emphasises the partnership with parents; their involvement, with parents often spending time in school, is part of the ethos of Kew House. Our vertical structure for tutor groups add to the family approach.
Responsible to: Domestic Bursar, SMT and Head Teacher.
Our School Nurse will:
- provide a professional and caring nursing service for all Kew House School children.
- maintain the highest possible standards of care and to preserve the dignity and confidence of each child.
- plan and evaluate patient care until a parent or Medical Practitioner assumes responsibility for the child’s care.
- administer the necessary treatments as required for allergies for all cases agreed by the SLT/Head/Parents.
- advise and assist with individual cases of children with specific needs as required including diabetes.
- participate in the promotion of Health Education and well-being within the School.
- actively participate in the promotion of good communications throughout the School.
- work within the guidelines of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- maintain appropriate client documentation and report on these as required to the SMT and Head, both orally and in writing.
- prepare all medical reports and medication plans for children taking part on school events and field trips.
- ensure cost effective use of departmental resources.
- understand and ensure correct storage and administration of drugs
- arrange the purchase of medical supplies following consultation with the Domestic Bursar and check and record the amount, prices and condition of all supplies and deliveries.
- ensure the secure custody of medical stock and First Aid equipment, as appropriate, within each of the departments.
- to support the schools safeguarding policies and procedures.
- From time to time be required to assist in other duties in support of activities in school. These duties will not, when considered in total, be to an extent which changes the overall character of your job.
The duties outlined in the job description are in addition to those covered by the latest ‘Contract of Employment (Non-Teachers)’ under ‘Duties and Hours of Work’. It may be modified by the Head Teacher, with your agreement, to reflect or anticipate changes in the job.
The school is committed to staff development; all staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities.
To apply, please submit a completed ‘Non-Teaching Staff Application Form’ together with a supporting letter of application and details of two referees. One referee should be from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Mr Mark Hudson, Headmaster, Kew House School, 6 Capital Interchange Way, London, TW8 0EX. The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Monday 30 October 2017.
Suitable applicants will be contacted by email and invited to attend an interview by arrangement.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Kew House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.