Sister / Charge Nurse - Critical Care
BMI Healthcare is looking for Registered nurse to fulfill the role of Critical Care Sister/Charge Nurse to join their team at The BMI Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle, Cheshire.
The Alexandra Hospital is the largest private hospital in the North-West and is part of the UK's largest independent healthcare group, BMI Healthcare. It has 140 private rooms with 7 theatres, an Urgent Care Centre, a two theatre endoscopy suite and a cardiac catheter hybrid lab. The fully equipped Level 3 Critical Care Department has the facility for 6 level 3/2 patients and 6 progressive care patients. The main specialty being cardiothoracic, however it also has provision for neuro, general surgery, cardiology and medical patients.
The Critical care department is supported by 24 hour anaesthetic and intensivist cover with all senior staff having gained the ALS qualification.
We are currently recruiting for a Critical Care Sister/Charge nurse that would direct the team clinically throughout the shift maintaining the highest quality care, with adherence to the Guidelines for the Provisions of Intensive Care Services.
The Alexandra Hospital's Critical Care Department would be happy to discuss full time or part time applicants for this position. We understand that this is a demanding nursing role and you would be fully supported by the dedicated and friendly staff of the department at all times.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts will be on rotation.
We are looking for a Registered Critical Care Nurse with post-qualification experience specifically in the Critical Care setting to join this successful team. A registered Critical Care course is essential and ideally you will have experience of treating complex cardiothoracic patients and you must also have a valid NMC registration.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Experienced in acute nursing care.
- A must- ENB 100 or other alternative critical care course.
- At least 5 years experience within critical care.
- Mentorship course
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Experience working in an acute healthcare sector in a Senior Registered Nurse post or equivalent.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
Previous experience within a Ward Managerial role desirable.
Duties of this role include:
- Responsible for day to day management of the Hospital Ward, and its staff. Providing clinical leadership in an effective and efficient management of ward resources, driving clinical excellence in all aspect of care received by patients. Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users. Responsible for leading and supporting the nursing team to meet all aspects of the clinical governance agenda.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the NMC Code of professional Conduct.
- Maintenance of professional, cost-effective nursing service including financial management and business planning.
- Achievement of labour management target, nursing costs KPI and weekly completion of staff utilisation spreadsheets.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- To ensure the correct provision of individualised patient care is met.
- To deal with any verbal or written complaints in a timely manner, taking action as required addressing any deficiencies highlighted.
- Effective interaction with consultants, patients and relatives in a sensitively manner.
- To ensure within the ward area that staff identify, plan, implement and evaluate the care/service.
- Manage duty rota/annual leave and study leave to ensure that at all times there is adequate nursing cover and appropriate skill mix.
- Establish excellent standards of individual patient care.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefit