Registered Nurse - Critical Care (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Critical Care department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC registration.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of working within the Critical Care setting
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range of varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills. (desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course (desirable)
- ILS (desirable)
- Administration of Intravenous Additives (desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their stay on the Critical Care Unit.
- To support and assist in the management and organization of care provision within the Critical Care Unit.
- Assist in the delivery of patient care and the delivery of an efficient nursing service.
- Contribute to quality improvement.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.