Paediatric Clinical Educator
This is a critical position which focuses on the development and maintenance of an effective educational environment through facilitation of learning, coaching and developing all levels of staff within the paediatric departments and the wider hospital where required.
With 3 dedicated areas - inpatient, outpatient and theatres, the Paediatric Centre consists of a committed and enthusiastic team who strive to provide the absolute best in patient care, working alongside leading Consultants who are specialists in their fields.We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers you an environment where we embrace employee engagement and performance excellence. As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us and offer a range of benefits, some of which include 25 days holiday (plus bank holiday), pension scheme, private medical insurance and life assurance.
Please note the closing date for applications is Friday 20th October. If you would like further information about this position, please call our recruitment team on 07850 509 065.
Who we're looking for
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Registered sick Childrens nurse
- Must have a current EPALS certificate or be prepared to undertake the course within the first 3 months
- Mentorship Qualification
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Venepuncture competent and wound care competent
- Managing the complex medical/surgical patient and the critically ill child
- Knowledge of NMC revalidation process and sign off
- Experience in dealing with poor performance
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal presentation skills & report writing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide educational leadership for the paediatric nursing team in alignment with the mission, vision and values of the paediatric departments and Bupa Cromwell Hospital.
- Designs, plans and manages educational programmes that enhance and promote clinical competency and standards of care.
- Follows established policies, procedures, professional guidelines and evidence-based practice to align education goals with business needs.
- Maintains requirements to ensure success in the Revalidation process and supports the team in successful sign off
- To provide sound clinical leadership and develop support mechanisms for sharing good practice within the directorate.
- Support departmental managers to co-ordinate nurse induction programmes and orientation programmes.
- Help foster a supportive working environment and maintenance of staff morale through mutual regard and respect recognising and valuing contributions from individuals within the team. Facilitate consultant led education sessions
- Review patient satisfaction survey results and work with departmental managers and staff to devise rectification