Critical Care Deputy Manager & Clinical Educator
BMI Clementine Churchill in Harrow is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Critical Care Deputy Manager & Clinical Educator to join their team of staff in the Critical Care department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse
- Approved Adult Critical Care Course
- ALS Provider certificate
- Evidence of recent professional development
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Nursing degree
- Senior experience in a critical care setting
- Diplomatic and skilled in dealing with consultants, colleagues to achieve objectives
- Experience in education/teaching both staff/students in a clinical area-essential and a higher education institute is desirable.
Duties of this role include:
- To assist the manager in taking responsibility for managing ITU, promoting an excellent service to patients and consultants in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- To provide leadership for all grades of ITU staff both in a clinical and non-clinical role.
- Provision of care for patients and support to patients’ relatives and staff members.
- Provision of clinical advice to staff on the unit and in the wards.
- Compilation, collation and presentation of data to senior management and the unit team.
- Teach and assess staff on clinical competencies, procedures and management issues.
- Act as education lead for critical care within the hospital.
- To assist in the management of ITU in a creative, safe and innovative way that promotes an excellent service to patients and consultants in a cost effective and efficient manner; liaising with the senior nursing staff.
- Ensure the most effective use of resources within a defined budget
- Maintaining effective channels of communication between consultants regarding patient status.
- Ensure effective use of resources in relation to the dependency of patients.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.