Clinical Services Manager - Theatre
BMI Chiltern Hospital in Great Missenden is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. The hospital is located in 18 acres of countryside, with free parking, subsidised restaurant and private medical care after 6 months service
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager - Theatre to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts will cover Monday to Saturday as required by the business.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Substantial post-registration experience within an Operating Theatre environment with experience in a supervisory/team leadership role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead a department
- Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards
- Financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
- Track record of delivering against targets and change management
- Management qualification desirable
- Educated to degree level desirable
- Experience of working in the Independent Sector desirable
Duties of this role include:
- Undertake and delegate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while coordinating the management of the theatre team (clinical and admin)
- Provide safe quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all departmental members deliver quality patient care, being achieved within the available resources and agreed departmental budget
- Provide appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department
- Deputise for colleagues as appropriate
- Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply and ensure others apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly
- Respect the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs
- Ensure patient safety checks are carried out in line with policy
- Undertake departmental HR activities
- Develop and support business initiatives, polices and strategies which improve the service delivered to all our customers
- Responsible for locally leading and implementing the decontamination programme
- Establish, maintain and encourage communication covering complex and challenging topics with various groups
- Delegate appropriate activities to other staff
- Achievement of the theatre budget and specific Key Performance Indicators
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.