Theatre Practitioner Opportunities for BMI Beaumont Hospital
At BMI Healthcare we aim to be a magnet for the best healthcare professionals - we know that having the right team and keeping them highly motivated is essential to delivering our very high standards of patient care, and to the continued growth and success of our business.
As a result of this on-going growth we have a number of exciting opportunities available for experienced Theatre Practitioners to join the team at The Beaumont Hospital in Bolton. The Beaumont Hospital prides itself on the level of superb quality patient care it provides.
The Beaumont Hospital has 20 beautifully appointed private rooms and is able to perform a wide range of minor to complex operations across a number of specialties including Cardiology, Cosmetic Aesthetic Surgery, ENT, General Surgery, Gynaecology, Orthopaedics and Urology.
We are therefore looking for people who share BMI’s belief in providing the highest standards of perioperative care for patients.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Supporting care provision in the Operating Department by providing quality planned patient care during the perioperative phase for a varied range of procedures
- Completing mandatory surgical checks during all phases of the procedure
- Monitoring the patient’s condition throughout, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through meticulous contingency planning
- Promoting best practice applying all legislation, policies and procedures correctly
- Acting as a role model and mentor develop junior staff
Desired Skills and Experience:
- We’re looking for experienced Theatre Practitioners or ODPs who have a current NMC or HPC registration. Whether your experience is in Anaesthetics, Recovery and/or Scrub, you must be proficient in using aseptic techniques at all times for a variety of acute general surgical procedures, and be National Care Standards compliant. Possessing strong interpersonal skills you will be able to communicate and work well with your team and have strong verbal and numerical literacy skills.
We are happy to consider applicants looking for full-time, part-time or bank positions.
As a Theatre Practitioner or ODP with BMI, you’ll get to enjoy working as part of a close-knit and friendly team in a calm and supportive environment. You will be working alongside world class consultants on a variety of surgical procedures using some of the latest technology in the healthcare sector.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive continuous professional development and training to grow your career with BMI. You will also receive a competitive salary with flexible benefits including BMI Healthcare Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, free on-site parking, health screening and more.