Psychiatric Nursing posts
Psychiatric Nursing posts
Co. Cork, Ireland
Permanent Full Time
- Relocation Expenses up to €5,000 - This will apply to candidates relocating from the UK only.
- Company Pension with Company contribution
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working hours
- Full and Part time posts available
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid Paternity leave
- Free Parking
- 25 days’ annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years
- 37.5 hour working week
- Educational Assistance Program
- Career opportunities available up to and including Clinical Nurse Manager 3
Nua Healthcare are recruiting Psychiatric nurses to join an exciting new project in Mental Health recovery and treatment for persons with enduring / complex issues. The candidate will support on the development of a brand new Psychiatric service on the Cork / Limerick border. The ideal candidate will possess significant experience in the area of Mental Health.
Nua Healthcare specialises in providing Residential care, Community outreach and Day services to adults and children with complex support requirements on both the Intellectual Disability and Mental Health spectrums. We pride ourselves in providing true person-centred care for individuals in their own home or in appropriate community based care facilities.
- Competency based interview against criteria for the role
- Competency Framework Evaluation conducted against role
Support people who use the service
- Promote & nurture person centered planning using key worker systems and shared goal setting, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Identify supports and work in partnership with the individual, their family and other supports as outlined within individual plans
- Support the development and implementation of relevant documents outlining supports for individuals including: personal plans, standard operating procedures etc.
- Support and promote maximum opportunities for community involvement for people who use the service
- Responsible for the overall growth and direction of the community home in accordance with the ethos, values and mission statement of the organisation
- Work in a way that ensures the service is delivered in compliance with relevant legislation, Nua Healthcare’s values, policies and practices and contractual requirements.
- Promote, monitor and maintain health and safety and security in the workplace in line with policies and procedures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to staff and Service Users.
- Responsible for ensuring the adherence of Safe Administration of Medication Practices with the home including ordering, storage, administration and documentation (including Individual Medication Management Plans, Kardex and Error Reports)
- Promote, monitor and maintain health and safety and security in the workplace in line with policies and procedures
- Be registered with NMC (Nursing Midwife Council, UK)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Mental Health practices and regulations
- Have a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in mental health
- Be a highly motivated, proactive individual
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Full, Clean Driver’s License
- Excellent IT skills.
If you wish to apply for this post; please send your CV along with a cover letter to Michelle@nuahealthcare.ie. Interviews for this role may be arranged locally, dates TBC.
A full job description for the role is available upon request. For informal queries, you can contact Michelle on 00353 86 7932367.