Infection Prevention and Control Lead
BMI Edgbaston Hospital in Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Infection Prevention and Control Lead to join their team of staff.
This is a PART time role for 15 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse (or other profession e.g. Operating Department Practitioner).
- Teaching and assessing qualification e.g. ENB 998 (or equivalent).
- Specialist knowledge to a level defined for that hospital
- Able to apply specialist knowledge to risk assessment and support appropriate controls.
- Presentation skills.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Previous experience working in IPC role,
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- IT GCSE at grade A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Experience in dealing with staff regarding clinical issues.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) is addressed in all areas of the hospital, and reflected throughout all activity related to healthcare provision. Taking accountability for infection prevention all new business, new build and refurbishment. Ensuring compliance to the HCAI code (DH 2010) for CQC requirements in England and equivalent for hospitals in Scotland and Wales.To be a core member of the Hospital IPC committee (HIPCC).
- To develop in partnership with the senior person responsible for IPC and with approval of the HIPCC, an annual program, that is aligned to the HCAI code (DH 2010) (plus for Scottish and Welsh hospitals: NHS Scotland Code of Practice and National HCAI strategy for hospitals in Wales) and reflects specific objectives of BMI National Infection Prevention and Control annual program.
- Where appropriate be a key implementer of the Hospital IPC programme.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- To develop a full time IPC link at Hospitals – where appropriate.
- Utilise and work in partnership with the local Infection Control Doctor (ICD) ensuring that the service level agreement is appropriate for the hospital size, activity levels and complexity.
- To ensure risks of infection are identified throughout all hospital departments and disciplines and risk assessments are in place reflecting controls that are reviewed at least annually and as otherwise indicated.
- To ensure local infection control policies reflect corporate policies, writing local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as appropriate, and liaise with departmental heads to ensure these are implemented.
- To ensure all staff have appropriate IPC training using a combination of online and face to face training.
- To implement and maintain a continuous hand hygiene improvement programme.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.