Senior Registered Children's Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Sarum Road Hospital has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Children's Nurse (Bank) to join their team of staff.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- (RN8 or RNC) Registered Children’s Nurse level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing studies.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Safeguarding children Level 3.
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Experienced in children’s nursing care.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Understanding of workload and shift management.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Significant Experience within an acute Children’s area or willing to undergo period of preceptorship.
- Paediatric Intermediate Life Support.
- Experience working within a team model of nursing.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
Previous experience within a lead clinical role desirable.
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures. Maintaining and enhancing the customer service and satisfaction of service users. Working within the Children and Young People (CYP) service in outpatients, day case care, or inpatients care, promoting and safeguard the well-being and interests of all CYP patients, employees and visitors, acting as an advocate to more junior members of the team. Where appropriate to deputise for the Sister/ Charge Nurse and the lead on clinical shifts.
- To ensure the provision of individualised patient care, providing excellent standards of individual care.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- To ensure that standards of CYP patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures. Where appropriate, traveling between hospital sites working with paediatric consultants within the cluster group.
- To provide safe and effective care to allocated cohorts of patients up to the age of 18 years without direct supervision.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Demonstrate commitment to improving care and the patient experience.
- Working to maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users. Identify, plan, implement and evaluate the care and services offered to our patients seeing through effective systems of documentation, quality standards, and resource management and allocation
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.