Registered Nurse - Health Screening (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Somerfield Hospital in Maidstone are recruiting for Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Health Screening Department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- Must be a RGN /HCA with experience in health screening/ phlebotomy
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
Duties of this role include:
- To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment to the clients who attend a BMI Health assessment or other related assessment (flu vaccination etc)
- Provide health screening tests and assessments, based on information obtained during the patient’s assessment. These will include, but are not limited to:
- Anthropometric measurements
- Body fat measurements
- ECG recording
- Lung function testing
- Audiometry testing
- Vision testing
- Provide advice and guidance on lifestyle modification, along with more specific intervention and follow-up where appropriate.
- Provide on-going engagement with the clients via local initiatives to ensure repeat business into the site
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.