Practice Development Lead Nurse
This is an influential position and recognised as being critical in providing leadership and motivation to establish both research and evidence-based clinical practices.As our Practice Development Lead Nurse, you will monitor and review clinical and professional standards of care, reporting on performance and instigating remedial action where necessary, leading to standard setting and regular audit in line with the hospital's commitment to Clinical Governance.
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers you an environment where we embrace employee engagement and performance excellence. As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us and offer a range of benefits, some of which include 25 days holiday (plus bank holiday), pension scheme, private medical insurance and life assurance.
Please note, the closing date for applications is Friday 6th October however we reserve the right to close this position early should a suitable candidate be found.
Foe any further information about this position, please contact Louise Tankard on 07850 509 065
Who we're looking for
- RN1/ RN2/ RN12 or RN Child Registered with active NMC Pin
- BSc or 1st Degree
- Specialist professional knowledge of mentorship, education and development practice to Masters level or equivalent
- Mentorship course or equivalent of knowledge and experience of teaching techniques and learners needs
- Evidence of continuous personal, professional and academic development
- Knowledge of local, regional and national policies pertaining to practice experience and education
- Knowledge of a variety of teaching methods, educational standards and practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be a source of highly specialist clinical and educational knowledge and to provide clinical supervision.
- Create a climate of research awareness to encourage evidence-based practice. To initiate research projects and encourage nurses to undertake their own small research projects and support their progress.
- Support staff in the provision of regular local and relevant teaching and training sessions including provision of 'buddied' clinical time to facilitate on the job learning.
- Assist in the provision of training programmes for nurses to expand their clinical skills e.g. intravenous drugs, cannulation, phlebotomy. As well as developing and ensuring training programmes are established to ensure staff to meet mandatory training requirements (fire, resuscitation, health & safety, infection control, manual handling)
- Support the review and development of the annual educational, training, development and business plans.
- Acting as representative in the course management and curricula development forums and liaise with Higher Education Institutes in order to present future needs and requirements and be familiar with the educational needs of all staff.
- Tailor a programme of orientation for new staff members and arrange an ongoing programme of training for qualified and unqualified staff in the care and management of patients within the specialities.
- Assist in the accurate collection of data relating to staff training data, staff absence and any other data that may be reasonably requested for audit purposes.
About The Cromwell Hospital and Bupa
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
For more information, visit www.bupa.com