Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics & Recovery
BMI Chelsfield Park in Orpington is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics & Recovery to join their team of staff in the Theatres department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse/RODP 6/12 post registration experience
- ENB182 or equivalent anaesthetic qualification
- Teaching/assessing qualifications
Duties of this role include:
- To participate in the delivery of Anaesthetic/Post-Anaesthetic recovery services within the operating theatre.
- Clinical output within anaesthetic and recovery care in the Operating Theatre and including Endoscopy.
- Provision of support and assistance to the Theatre Manager, and consequently to the theatre team. To maintain professional standards in keeping with appropriate code of conduct.
- Maintain stock control.
- Ensure anaesthetic/recovery equipment is maintained in good working order.
- To act as a clinical resource maintaining one’s knowledge of both clinical and professional developments.
- To follow anaesthetic/recovery operational policies in keeping with legislation and the activities of the department.
- Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.