Hill House is a thriving co-ed independent preparatory school for over 750 children which offers great opportunities for its pupils and attracts and develops some of the country’s best talent. The school is forward-thinking yet traditional with a strong family ethos and an excellent reputation.
It was founded in Switzerland in 1949 and opened in London in 1951. Hill House became the first school to teach in two different countries at the same time with the same children. The school still has an annex in Switzerland, which hosts specialist courses throughout the year.
We are seeking to appoint a nurse to provide care to both staff and pupils in the upper part of our school from the start of the new school year. The successful candidate will be expected to have proven experience in child health, an open and compassionate character and willingness to help in all areas of the school as required.
Responsibilities to include (but not be limited to):
- Care for any pupil or staff member who is taken ill within the school, including the administration of any prescribed medication;
- Provide basic advice on the care and treatment of minor injuries and illness;
- Liaising with external healthcare professionals with regard to any on-going treatments;
- Maintain medical cupboard supplies and stocking of first aid kits;
- Accompany pupils or staff to hospital for any emergency treatments, as necessary.
Application closing date: Monday 24 July 2017
Hill House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checking with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring service.