Registered Nurse (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Chelsfield Park Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff on a bank basis within the Acute Nursing Department.
Working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence. Shifts available to cover weekdays, weekends, night duty and bank Holidays.
It is essential that applicants have the following:
- RGN level 1
- NMC Registration
- Working knowledge of company hospital and departmental policies and procedures as they apply to the role.
- Post-registration experience in an acute setting
- Evidence of professional development and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of medical and surgical conditions.
- Experience required within a surgical setting including; general surgery, orthopaedics, gynaecology, ENT and urology.
Duties of this role include:
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- Recognise the significance of patient observations and maintain a pro-active approach in dealing with them.
- Maintain high standards of patient care throughout the patient’s journey, admission to discharge and utilising care pathways.
- To liaise with members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the holistic care of the patient
- To take a supervisory/teaching role with less experienced members of staff and students
- To continually seek improvement in working practice
- To advise patients on the promotion of health and the prevention of illness.
- To ensure patients being discharged have the information necessary for an uncomplicated recovery, including questionnaires.
- Assist in the assessment and planning of staffing requirements within the boundaries of the budget and nursing Labour Tool.
- Maintain accurate and appropropriate clinical observation of the patient’s condition. (Physical, psychological, social and emotional).
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.